Monday, February 3, 2014

February Photo Challenge


So, I made it through the polar vortex, and most of the snow has melted (thank god!). Now it's cold and rainy. Funny, I don't remember moving to Seattle - but here I am in precipitation hell. 

In spite of the gloomy weather. I have been able to get some good workouts in and meal prep for the week. Saturday I hit the gym for nearly an hour and a half and it felt AMAZING. I did the stationary bike for about 30 minutes and then did my knee strengthening exercises which takes 30 minutes. To wrap it up, I hopped on the treadmill to walk it out! The effort burned just under 800 calories according to my heart rate monitor. BOOM BABY!


Also, I love it when the gym is empty! It gives me room to spread out. If you are like me and have no life, I recommend hitting the gym late afternoon on a Saturday! 

Because I am new at blogging I figured I needed to find a way to think of topics to write about. While I was perusing the latest posts of some of the blogs I follow, the February Photo Challenge on thefittrain.blogspot.com caught my attention. So I am giving it a try to see if I can keep up with it. Clearly I didn't blog Saturday or Sunday (FAIL), but I did take pics so I will back track a little.

February 1: A photo of me today.
So, there I am on Saturday about to go grocery shopping. I'm not completely unhappy with my body. I've always been thin, but not necessarily fit. So my journey is to be healthy and toned. And this is how I'm starting out.

February 2: A photo of my gym or workout area.
I work out at the gym most of the time, but when I don't feel like being around people (the struggles of an introvert on occasion I guess) I have a nice little area set up in my living room for working out.

February 3 (today): Sweat.
Now the plan was to go to the gym, but it was cold and rainy so I went straight home after work. But because I needed a picture of sweat for my photo challenge, I knew I had to do some sort of workout. I chose a yoga video from a website called www.doyogawithme.com. It has tons of free yoga videos ranging in type, length and practice level. I did a beginner video and the lady was explaining the poses while we held them and I only made it half way through before my muscles were completely fatigued (they are still shaking a little right now!). In my picture you can't see sweat because all of was pooling in my hands haha. Also, I was obviously ready for a nap.

So tomorrow has to do with style (one of my favorite parts of working out is cute fitness clothes!). I actually found a shirt on etsy that said "will squat for peanut butter." If you knew me you would understand how perfect it is since I eat pb every day. It's so yummy! 

Anyways, off to bed so I can attempt to make it to work on time tomorrow morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment