Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Stress Relief

Today has been a LONG and stressful day. I was crazy busy at work because of all the snow days that we had, so it's catch up city. I also have been dealing with a bunch of stuff for the FOUR weddings that I am in this year so everything is falling at the same time (dress purchases, gifts, bachelorette parties, bridal showers, fittings, plane ticket, hotels). Did I mention I was stressed? Don't get me wrong, I love my friends and think they deserve the best, but OMG could they have staggered the dates a little?! So, I've been budgeting, booking, shopping and planning and on top of all that, my coworker is going to be on maternity leave during all of this so I have been taking on tasks for all the spring and summer events. Basically, my life is not my own until October 2014. Yay. 

So, usually when I am feeling mentally and emotionally exhausted like this I eat my weight in carbs. But today I literally couldn't wait to get to the gym. I pedaled my heart out on the rolling hills of a stationary bike and it felt great. Then I ate chicken and broccoli for dinner. I actually love broccoli but I'm usually to lazy to cook it. But I was motivated today. Maybe I should get stressed out more often haha (that's a joke and I hope the universe doesn't take it as a challenge!). The point is, I am hoping that my mind set is changing to automatically view exercise and healthy eating when I need a release. I sure feel better right now than I would have if I came home, sat on the couch, and ate an entire bag of Lays Sour Cream and Onion chips. 

So Internet peeps, if I can do it, you can do it!

On to The Fit Train's photo challenge (www.thefittrain.blogspot.com)...
February 4: Workout Shoes
I absolutely LOVE fitness clothes. They are so cute nowadays. I have several pairs of shoes. My really old ones (that I couldn't find to take a picture of) that I use for color runs and will use for my first mud run this year that I'm super excited about. Then I have my cross training and strength training shoes: 


They are grey and neon coral Nikes. They are super cute but give me blisters when I run. Then (lastly) I have a neon green pair of Saucony's that I use for running. They are specific for me because I ten to run on the inside of my feet so they are supposed to stabilize my stride (or something like that...that's what the guy from the running store said anyways):


A girl can never have too many pairs of shoes, amiright?




No comments:

Post a Comment