Thursday, January 30, 2014

Polar Vortex - Take 3



YUCK!

This week has been annoyingly similar to last week. But, as you can see in the picture above, we got significantly more snow. 6-10 inches to be exact. WTH. It is absolutely ridiculous. While having the occasional day off in the middle of the week is a treat, it SUCKS when you spend it snowed in. I'm getting cabin fever. I don't have a roommate and I don't really talk to my neighbors, so needless to say, I have been so bored. Tuesday my work closed at 1:30 pm so I went to the dentist, the grocery store and best buy. Mind you, it didn't actually start snowing until like 7pm. 

Yesterday, I was pretty productive. I did several loads of laundry, did a workout with my kettle bell in my living room, and cleaned my kitchen from when I did meal prep on Sunday. That's right...it took me 3 days to clean up after myself after meal prep! I was just so exhausted. I mean look at all this:



I made garlic Parmesan chicken, red mashed potatoes, asparagus, chicken for salad, lime chicken for tacos, egg breakfast sandwiches, and a big pot of tortilla soup. Everything was good, the recipe for tortilla soup made WAY too much though so I will be freezing most of it. This week I'm going to make less of a variety because it was a long night haha.

So yea, messy kitchen is now clean. My kettle bell workout was pretty tough, but totally worth it because I had so much energy afterwards!


These were the moves I did with a 10 lb. kettle bell repeated 3 times:

10 reps around the body
10 reps each arm bent rows
15 reps dead lift with upright row
10 reps figure 8's
15 reps kettle bell swings
15 reps front squat
10 reps each side windmills
50 jumping jacks

The first set felt easy but by the time I got to the 3rd I was getting pretty tired. MAN I need to get back in shape haha! The athletic trainer did give me the okay to start running again but only half my usually mileage and only on the treadmill since it's lower impact than running outside. BUT since the weather has been pretty sucko, I haven't made it to the gym. Boo winter. 

Today was much different. I literally laid around all day watching Graceland (SUCH a good show!) and working on some things for our event at work on Friday. HOPEFULLY the snow will melt so people actually show up. 

This weekend the weather is supposed to warm up so I plan on taking my new bike out for a spin! Then make something for a Super Bowl party...any ideas on something healthy/simple to bring for the potluck?????



No comments:

Post a Comment