Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Holi-rather be in my pjs watching movies all-days!

Happy Holidays!!

It's that time of the year again! The time were it is bitterly cold outside so you want to sit on your couch watching all three (or is it four now?) The Santa Clause movies and eating copious amounts of holiday cookies from your office party. Or is that just me?

Well, the good news is, we welcomed the first two days of winter this year with beautiful 75 degree weather; the bad news is, I have still been eating that box of holiday cookies. Whoops.They were just SO good!

I was extremely social this past week and weekend though! I had four work Christmas parties to go to and two friend Christmas parties. My brother and sister-in-law and I also exchanged Christmas presents tonight since they are going to be out of town this week. They got me a workout journal, some weight lifting gloves so I won't have man hands, and a great arm band to hold my phone/iPod while I run. Also, I am hoping to pick up hot yoga (it is supposed to be really good for you, and I am always cold so I love the 99 degree room!) so they got me this special grip towel so I am not sliding all over the place from sweating...gross.






Now, on to the fitness! I went and had my knee checked out by one of the athletic trainers at work, and he told me I had jumper's knee. Which I thought was weird since I have never participated in any jumping type sport. Then, after I looked it up, (on WebMD of course - the place where the common cold because some crazy incurable disease from east Asia or something...) apparently jumper's knee is semi-common in soccer players. Bingo. It is my kicking leg. Anywho, my tendons are super thin, or loose, or something and my knee cap wobbles all over the place. Running is not recommend, according to the expert. Bummer since that is one of the best forms of exercise. Hopefully after a month off from running and completing his strength training regime, I can get back into my running shoes.

This weekend I chose the bike since running was out and I am in no shape for a swim suit just yet. I don't think my time (49 minutes) was too bad for the distance, but I am definitely going to have to train harder for this sprint triathlon if I intend on not finishing last! That's my #1 goal after all. Just. Don't. Be. Last. Goal #2 is to just finish, even if I am in last place.

I used my polar heart rate monitor for the first time too. I LOVE it! It took a minute or so for the watch to pick up my heart rate, but once it did, it was neat that it tracked it my whole workout and then showed me my calories burned afterwards. I didn't even notice the band either, which is great!


This week I hope is going to be relaxing! I have a few more Christmas gifts to buy and then I can just relax and enjoy my mini vacation from work (and hit the gym. No, seriously...I promise).

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment